Inland Empire SoCal Food Beat

Inland Empire SoCal Food Beat

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pollo Campero, San Bernardino


Pollo Campero Fried Chicken Mixed with Rice and Soda $6.69


Pollo Campero
835 Harriman Place
San Bernardino, CA 92408
(909) 890-1207

Pollo Campero is a Guatemalan style chicken restaurant. It is set up like a typical fast food restaurant.
Today I was in the neighborhood and thought it a good chance to give the fried chicken a try. I really liked their grilled chicken, it has a delightful citrus flavor. For my review of the grilled chicken follow this link.



http://909food.blogspot.com/2009/09/pollo-campero-san-bernardino.html

I arrived for a late lunch around 1:30. All the customers today looked like they were from south of the Mexican border or at least from Oaxaca. Short and stout people, very nice customers. I saw two ladies cleaning the floor where their young one had made a mess. Most people just leave it for the staff to clean up.


The two piece fried chicken combo is offered in either dark or mixed. I ordered the mixed which turned out to be a breast and leg. They were large pieces of chicken, a beautiful dark golden brown color. There was not a place on the chicken that was not fried deep brown, no doughy spots at all. The chicken has a spicy aroma and taste. I cannot identify the spices, they are not hot spices, just add flavor to the chicken. Both pieces of my chicken were crispy and juicy inside. I added some pico de gallo and mojacate rojo chili. The meal was served with either a roll or tortillas. I chose three corn tortillas and had three delicious tacos. The side order of rice was mediocre, I would not order it again. This was the best fried chicken I have had in a long time. It beats KFC by a long shot. They are now open from 10am to 10pm, Visa or Discover Card accepted. I can't wait to take my family to try Pollo Campero.


Food ****

Service **

Ambiance **


Cost $

Repeat - Yes


http://www.camperowest.com/



Pollo Campero Restaurant on Urbanspoon
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment