Inland Empire SoCal Food Beat

Inland Empire SoCal Food Beat

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update 10/02/2009

Taste of New Orleans now in Downtown San Bernardino.

(909) 884-5000

I have heard some good things from co-workers about Nice Bunz. Several have raved about the fried catfish with greens and macaroni and cheese. I also heard nice comments about the Jambalaya. Too bad I am not a fish aficionado; I usually try nothing stronger than cod fish. Thought I would give Bunz another go.

The place is nice and clean as you walk in. The staff is very friendly and service is homey. Not too many customers when I arrived after the lunch rush. It appears they have redone the menu since my last visit. Nice Bunz has a sign out front advertising their new master chef Cleve Palmer. He specializes in “Cajun Creole Creations”. Bunz serves a standard breakfast menu, the Saintsational Sartin Omelet looks good at $5.75. It is made of three eggs, ham, bacon, mushrooms, bell peppers, American cheese, onion and olives. I must stop by for breakfast to give this omelet a try.

For Lunch they are featuring Cajun Creole cuisine.

Shrimp Jambalaya $6.99

Seafood Gumbo $7.99

Shrimp Ettouffe $8.99

Crawfish Ettouffe $8.99

Dirty Rice with Beef or Chicken $5.99

Chicken Gizzards $5.99

Chicken Wings $5.99

Oysters $6.99

Different types of Cajun Fish Fillets from $5.99 to $6.99

You get your choice of one side order

Greens, corn bread, red beans, candied yams, cole slaw, hush puppies, potato salad, baked been or oven baked macaroni & cheese.

Nice Bunz is also serves sandwiches and Panini’s along with hamburgers, salads and American sides.

Today I decided to try the Chicken Wings to go at $5.99. I chose as my side orders hush puppies and Mac and Cheese. The order consisted of two large chicken wings. I could not quite tell how they were cooked. Were not greasy, the wings were golden brown covered in a very tasty seasoning. My guess would be that they are baked but I could be wrong. The hush puppies were great, balls of fried cornmeal mixed with a mild green chili. The best item was the Mac and Cheese. It was great, baked with a slightly crispy crust. I will be back just to get the macaroni, I am sure it is addicting. My order was only $6.00 out the door. I spoke with an employee that said business was getting better. I think it has a built in customer base, Nice Bunz is very near city hall. From what I hear the restaurant is owned by the former head of the code enforcement division. Now the city employees have a place to hang after hours. I have only visited during lunch and don’t know what goes on after the sun goes down, but appears to be a nice sports bar.

I would rate the Food at ****

Service ***

Expense * ½ great value for the price

Will defiantly repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment